Throwback Thursday: Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Los Angeles, CA (1988)


I'm having fun with the challenge of finding interesting old pictures for Thursdays!

Writing this post, I realize that I've visited historical chocolate chip cookie locations on both the East Coast and the West Coast. As I mentioned in a recent post about the invention of the chocolate chip cookie, I visited the original Toll House restaurant in Whitman, Massachusetts before it burned down in 1984.

The pictures above are from circa May 1988. This was my first visit to California. Also, my first trip on a plane! While seeing the sights, me and my mom visited the Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie store.

The cookies that Wally Amos created were inspired by a recipe from his Aunt Della, according to an article in SUCCESS Magazine. Apparently Amos has now branched out to muffins too. The man has a sweet tooth!

It was interesting to read that Amos used to be a talent agent for the William Morris Talent Agency and was their first African-American talent agent. He booked several top acts and apparently was Marvin Gaye's first agent! How cool is that? Even cooler than that is that he got the attention of these acts by sending them his chocolate chip cookies.

So on this Throwback Thursday, let's celebrate the power of the chocolate chip cookie!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts