{Video} Shining Ocean's Surimi at Seafood Expo North America



Over the past few days, I've been writing a lot about Seafood Expo North America (SENA). I've shown you some pictures, but I did some interviews too. Barry Geller, NE and Mid Atlantic Regional Sales Manager at Shining Ocean. took a couple of minutes to speak with me for the video above.

I'd  like to give you a closer look at some of the products that were being displayed and sampled. As I mentioned and showed you recently, I plan to do a lot more video here. SENA was the perfect opportunity.

The website for Shining Ocean gives a lot of information about their brands -- Kanimi, Seafarer and Crab Smart Natural, which are found in stores across the country. Their products are used in many pre-made seafood salads and sushi rolls found in delis and restaurants. They are also Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable

They have innovated the industry having the first branded retail product fortified with Omega 3 fish oil, the first retail product to use no phosphate surimi with all natural flavors, and the first to color  surimi with lycopene made from tomatoes.

Most of us know surimi as imitation crab meat. Recently I picked up a seafood salad and didn't think to ask about the brand that they used. I'll do a bit more checking next time.

I hope you enjoy the video. Stay tuned for more!

+ + +
Disclosure: I received press credentials for complimentary admission to SENA.

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link

Comments

Popular Posts