On Snow + Being Mindful


It's Snowing! from Lisa Johnson on Vimeo.

It's snowing again today. I know. Breaking news. It's snowing in Massachusetts. In February. Shocking!

You'd think that it would mean less. Especially since I've lived here my whole life. Yet still, it matters.

The weather impacts how we feel, what we eat, how we dress. It's kind of important. That's why people who don't know each other can find common ground talking about the weather.

When the weather is snow, it's weather ramped up a notch. At least to me.

I've been exploring videos on vimeo lately and was watching a video earlier today thinking about the green grass and how the outdoors looked so inviting. Then I looked out my window and noticed the snow falling and coating the tree branches.

At first I was annoyed. Then I started thinking that it really did look quite pretty outside and maybe I should take my own advice and appreciate where I am right now. Focus on the present and be more mindful. What if this were my last day on earth and I didn't appreciate the beauty right in front of me? I would regret it.

I went outside and walked around a bit shooting video of the snow falling. Then I shot some more from inside. The video above is an edited version of my inside video. It was kind of nice just appreciating the beauty of the snow. Like how I used to feel when I was a kid.

If things go according to plan, you'll be seeing a lot more original video on this blog. The video that I shot outside today will take a bit more editing than this little segment above. But hopefully I can share that soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day! Regardless of the weather.


This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts