Toasted Pumpkin Cider Spiced Cashews


One of my favorite snacks is honey roasted cashews. I really go nuts for them. Sorry, but I can't resist a good pun!

After seeing a recipe for Whiskey Honey Toasted Walnuts, I decided that I could adapt this recipe. I tend to use walnuts on cereal, but like to snack on cashews. Plus, my new three spice mixture was begging for me to use it.


I loved these nuts! The current recipe is below, but it will change over time. There was a lot of glaze mixture left over. I used more nuts than the original recipe called for, so I was rather surprised by the excess.

Next time I'll reduce the amount of glaze, use less sugar and honey and increase the amount of spices. I thought I took a picture of the leftover glaze, but I can't find it! Well these pictures will have to do.


I hope you'll try the recipe and adapt it to your taste!

Toasted Pumpkin Cider Spiced Cashews

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 T Three-Spice Mix
1/4 cup pumpkin cider
2 cups raw whole cashews

INSTRUCTIONS:

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium pan, combine the honey, sugar, salt, spices and pumpkin cider. Put on medium heat and stir until combined.

Bring to a boil. Which will happen very quickly. Stir in the nuts. Bring to a boil again. When the mixture starts turning darker and gets thicker, remove from the heat.

Get a small bowl and a strainer. Strain the liquid into the bowl and keep what's left for another time. Spread the nuts over the parchment paper.

Bake for about 8 minutes. Keep a close eye, because the nuts will start to burn quickly.

When you remove them from the pan, let cool for a few minutes. Then snack away or store for later.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts