Fresh From The Garden ~ Curried Vegetable Tart


Last week I visited my mom's garden. While my mom was watering her plants, I spied this cute little rabbit.

My mother was not as enchanted as I. After all, she's had to deal with a woodchuck taking advantage of the free snacks a couple of years ago. I was able to snap this picture, before she chased him away.


My mom is growing all sorts of things this year. She gave me some greens that I used for a pasta dish.

I didn't have time to take pictures or blog it. This past week was really busy. Sometimes it's just about making the food and eating it!

One of her fellow gardeners helped her by building this contraption and giving her some heirloom tomatoes from Italy. I'm so excited to try them! They should be ripe soon!
This zucchini was part of her initial harvest. I cut it up and sauteed it in Indian Curry infused coconut oil with a couple of shallots and some mushrooms. I added some salt, pepper and ground curry powder too.

I used store bought puff pastry for the tart. Just bake the pastry in the oven for about 20 minutes until it puffs up.

Then I spread the vegetables on top of the pastry and sprinkled on Asiago cheese. It was really good and pretty quick too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

alessandra said…
Hi Lisa,
recently a lady gave me some cucumbers from her garden, they were so tasty and juicy! Nothing like those in the stores. That tart looks yummy and the rabbit so cute!
Lisa Johnson said…
Hi Alessandra - Thank you! Fresh from the garden food is one of the best gifts ever! Did you do anything special with the cucumbers?

Popular Posts