Fun Blog Post Ideas: A Tutorial On Roundups

I collect website links. Yes, I do! Whenever I see something that interests me online, however random it might be, a news story, recipe, cool business idea, or a picture, I copy the link, put it in an email and send it to myself.

There's probably a much more organized way to do this, but it's quick and it works. I group the emails by topic and add several links to each email as I find new things. I probably email myself more than anyone! Because of these emails, I always have way too many ideas for blog posts than I could possibly ever have time to write.

Why am I telling you this? Because when I check my sitemeter, I see that one of the big searches that brings people here is for blog post ideas. And I didn't even write the post! It's a wonderful guest post by K called 25 Great Blog Post Ideas.

Since people seem to be constantly looking for blog post ideas, I decided that maybe I should write a post about the topic as well. And I guess this post is kind of a Show and Tell, because it's a post within a post.

One of my favorite types of posts to read and write is a roundup with no particular rhyme or reason. Just a list of random fun and beauty! Joanna Goddard, who writes the blog, A Cup of Jo, has mastered the art of the fun roundup!

The picture above of the orange scooter has nothing to do with anything. I love the color orange and I adore scooters. I saw this one today and took a picture of it for no particular reason other than it put a smile on my face.

I'm not sure that I've mastered the art, but below are a few things that have caught my eye. And this shows my take on the fun roundup!

♥ ♥ ♥


~ I saw the Clover Food Truck near South Station! It's fast food that's local, just-cut, and sometimes organic. I didn't get a chance to eat anything from there today, but I'm looking forward to it next time.

~ The new Boston Food Bloggers Blog!

~ Pillows by Comfort & Samuel.

~ My Etsy Favorites.

~ Tracy's mala bracelets.

~ A positive article about women's friendships after reading one that was not.

~ The idea of a party in a box and boys in a box! Don't worry; it's rated G!

~ Recipes with pumpkin and sweet potato.

~ Creative Social Responsibility in action with free short-term accommodation for visiting creators at Creators Inn in Gothenburg, Sweden. I wonder if there is anything like this in the United States?

~ Loved listening to The Story Behind 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' on Fresh Air with Terry Gross. And now I have to see the movie, Meet Me in St. Louis, with Judy Garland.

~ This picture on flickr.

~ Love the name, mug shots, and business concept of On The Lamb. I bet I'd love the food too, if only I were in Los Angeles! They produce "invitation only food & beverage experiences as well as private events for clients. Ranging from: Speakeasies, Rooftop dinner parties, Film screenings, Breakfast in bed, Blind wine tastings, Sunday brunch, Pop up dining clubs, Food & beverage classes, Picnic basket meals."

~ Free treats on the 15th of each month from now until July 2011 at Anna's Taqueria in Boston to celebrate their 15th Anniversary!

~ This video about body image.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Shopping on Amazon today? Please consider starting here and help this blog.

Comments

SharleneT said…
I sort of do the same thing: I keep a blank Notepad page up at the side of my screen and copy-paste the URLs into, then put in my articles draft folder. I may add notes, etc. and then the date that I've written about the site. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa Johnson said…
sharlene - Oh that's a good idea too! Happy Thanksgiving! ; )
Liz Dwyer said…
I totally email myself links as well! That and using delicious works for me.

Roundup posts are great. Sometimes there's too much of interest to write about just one thing.
Lisa Johnson said…
los angelista - I'm glad I'm not the only one! I agree that delicious works well too. But sometimes I forget to use it!

Popular Posts