Waffling On Tax Day


No, I didn't waffle on filing my taxes. They are finally done! But I did make waffles for breakfast. And since they are a nice golden color, I thought they'd be perfect for my submission to A Taste Of Yellow.

Barbara's annual event helps raise cancer awareness as part of LiveSTRONG Day, which is May 13th this year.

Click here to read my submission from last year. Look here to read last years' roundup of submissions by 149 food bloggers.



These Rice Milk Brown Sugar Waffles were really good. Very light and crisp on the outside, but tender on the inside.



I used this recipe, but with vanilla rice milk in place of buttermilk and I reduced the salt to half a teaspoon.

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2008. All rights reserved.
This Post's Link
Shopping on Amazon today? Please consider starting here and help this blog.

Comments

Unknown said…
I agree. MMMmmmmm. Fabulous Anali. Thanks for supporting LiveSTRONG With A Taste Of Yellow.
RecipeGirl said…
Great! Glad you liked them :)
1Northeast said…
You're the only JD I know who is really into food! :)
Lisa Johnson said…
punditmom - Exactly! :)

barbara - You're welcome! ;)

recipegirl - Welcome! Thanks for the incredible recipe! :D

foodhuntress - Really?? So many of us are into food and several are food bloggers. It's kind of fun to see actually. : )
jac said…
anali dear, what do you get as bonus for getting my mouth so watery ?
Anonymous said…
Hi Anali, thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Wow, I am completely impressed with the waffles. I want a waffle iron, but have been intimidated by the whole process. Maybe I should just go ahead and give it a shot.
Suldog said…
Yeah! I'm lovin' me some waffles! Got to break out the iron this weekend!
Lisa Johnson said…
jac - Good to see you again! How about some of the beautiful flowers on your blog! :D

cheryl - Welcome! Waffles are really easy to make! My waffle iron was a present, but I think they are pretty inexpensive. Homemade waffles are so worth it!

suldog - Sounds good to me!
Tera said…
Looks muy delicioso!
Mo said…
that looks delicious!
Anonymous said…
I sooo could eat this right now!
Is there anything wrong with craving waffles at 10:30 at night?
:-)
Lisa Johnson said…
tera - They were! Thanks!
kieya - Welcome! I definitely enjoyed them.

zen chef - Breakfast at night can feel like such a treat. Maybe, because it feels a little wrong? ; )
Hallie Fae said…
Yum, those look so good. Now only if I had a waffle maker...
Lisa Johnson said…
hallie fae - My waffle maker was a gift, but they are not too expensive. It's definitely a worthwhile investment. ; )

Popular Posts