Snow ...


A simple examination of title punctuation. No exclamation point, because I'm not a big fan of snow. I liked to play in it as a kid, but now I have to drive in it. No question mark, because I'm not really surprised. It's the end of November in Massachusetts. Whadya expect? No period, because there really is no emotion conveyed with a period. It just ends.

I am a fan of the ellipsis. It's kind of pretty. Three little dots side by side. It reminds me of polka dots and indicates that something was left out. That there is more to come. Well, snow...

Yes. Snow. We had our first snow today. The first snow of the season is kind of exciting in that it has now happened. Today, November 20, 2007, was the first snow that I've seen here in Quincy. I'm a big fan of marking the first of things. My first bread baked of the season, etc. What about you?

I don't know if you can see the snow in the picture, but the flakes were really big and coming down strong and steady. Quite pretty and enjoyable, because I was watching them from inside. Compare to this picture from the summer. Sigh ...



I'm thankful for music. It's been a part of my life since I can remember and I'm loving all the new ways to find it online. My mom said that as a baby, I liked the song Get Off of My Cloud. I think that was the song. Or it was some other Rolling Stones song from around the same time. Anyway, my latest music find is Project Playlist. Create your own and check out my Playlist here or on my right sidebar. I am loving it!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2007. All rights reserved.

This Post's Link

Comments

FH said…
We had a 5 minute hail storm yesterday and as quickly they melted away and Sun was out again!!
Snow might happen here too in a month or two!:)
Happy Thanksgiving.
Tera said…
I don't care how much it snowed back home (Ohio)...we had to go to school! We used to get days off for the wind chill factor, but that was about it! I love to look at the snow, but I hate all that it implies!
Anonymous said…
It's flurried here but no snow yet... I'm not a fan of it either. I mean, I like looking at it while holding a steaming cup of cider and sitting in my toasty apartment. But going out in it? Nah. Not for this transplanted California girl.


Ari (Baking and Books)
Dezel Quillen said…
You would think I was in CA ...I got off work today went for a jog and saw folks in shorts and t-shirts ...Virginia has had some strange weather this year - dry and warm, so expect a good 2007 harvest, which translates to good wines!
Nina said…
I wish that it would snow first on Thanksgiving day and continue to be white through New Year's Eve. For me, snow is festive and the holidays just are not the same without it. But come Jan. 2 I'd like to see the temps rise and the snow melt. Too bad that is nothing more than wishful thinking when you live in OH. The crap weather is just getting started in January.
Lisa Johnson said…
asha - I hope the hail helped with the drought! It's getting warm again here too. It might be in the 60's tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

tera - We get a lot of time off for snow here. Schools are constantly having to deal with making up snow days in the summer. There was nothing better than a snow day as a kid! Even in law school a snow day was great!

ari - I feel exactly the same way! It's all about the warm drinks, but I don't have being from Cali originally as an excuse. I'm just not a cold weather kind of girl, but I was born here.

dezel - Now, we're getting the warm weather that you just had moving up here. And I'm looking forward to the good wines!

nina - Somehow I thought you always had snow the whole winter there. For me, I'd prefer we get 1/8 of an inch on Christmas Eve for the kids and that's about it. Well, I guess we can't have a drought, so on weekends we can get all the snow we need, so less people will get in car accidents. I was in a scary car accident in the snow, which is why I get so freaked out.
David Sullivan said…
If its more than 3 dots is it a multillipsis?
Lisa Johnson said…
david sullivan - I can go with that! ; )

Popular Posts