Lazy Days of Summer



The weather is getting warm again finally. Balmy breezes are blowing and being in the office is getting harder. I read an interesting article in The Christian Science Monitor about vacation time.

At my current job, I work on a contract basis and I have all the flexibility in the world in terms of time, but I have not had any paid vacation days. I will finally earn one weeks pay in about three weeks. So sad. At my last job, I had four weeks paid vacation and I always took the time.

I can either take the money OR the time. It would be nice to loll about for a few days, but I could definitely use the money too. What to do??!! I didn't take a vacation last year. Any thoughts on the matter?

Comments

Take a break, and come to the UK, we are having a heatwave...
wheresmymind said…
Everybody needs time off...can you work some extra hours...save up for that vaca?
suttonhoo said…
take the vacation time! it's time to think your own thoughts, dream your own dreams, do your own stuff -- no cash can give you that if you're short on time. :)
Lisa Johnson said…
Thanks for the comments folks! I may take like 4 days off. And I have been thinking about London. I have enough frequent flyer miles for a free ticket when it gets to be off season!

Popular Posts