Tico Restaurant in Boston


Recently I visited Tico Restaurant, which is owned and operated by chef Michael Schlow. It was some of the best food that I've ever eaten and I'd love to go back.

There were some negatives though, at least in my opinion. I'd like to get those over with first, so I can get to the amazing food. The restaurant is very dimly lit. Which is nice for a romantic date. But not so much when you're with a group of women and just want to see the menu.

The music is really loud and felt more like a nightclub. Which is fine for some, but not what I was looking for at the time.

Communication issues with our server were rather bizarre. Also, because she seemed to forget about us toward the end, it ended up being too late to have dessert, which did not make me happy.


Our group shared five small plates. Above to the left was a Broccolini and Portobello salad. I could eat this everyday.

To the right is Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Chipotle and Crushed, Crunchy Fava Beans. Again. I would like to eat this each and every day. I already enjoy vegetables, but these were taken to another level. How do they do that?!


We also had Mussels Simmered with Smoky Tomato and Habanero, Almonds and Garlic Toast. I think this was the first time that I had mussels. I would happily eat these again.

The Spicy Garlic Shrimp came with Country Bread. I didn't eat the bread, but I ate the shrimp so quickly that it wasn't until there were only two left that I realized that I hadn't taken a picture yet! So good!

The Lobster and Avocado Tacos were another hit. I'd like to eat these again too. Tico has gotten rave reviews and I have tasted why.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts