How The Web Series "Awkward Black Girl" Started


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

One of the reasons that I've kept blogging is because I think it's so important to have different voices and points of view for people to consider. This Melissa Harris-Perry roundtable discussion is really interesting.

As a little girl, I remember it meaning everything to me to watch Diahann Carroll on the television show Julia.

Issa Rae is the creator of "Awkward Black Girl" and I really admire what she's doing. Have any of you watched it?


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

dmarks said…
"One of the reasons that I've kept blogging is because I think it's so important to have different voices and points of view for people to consider."

If you want, consider weighing in on my Paula Deen post. Seems I am more against her than my commenters so far are.
Lisa Johnson said…
dmarks - I left a comment. Hopefully I won't start a riot over there!
dmarks said…
There's going to be no riot... I do screen uncivilized comments. But so far, all have been civil.

On topic, I barely remember Julia. Slightly more I remember a Bill Cosby show in which he yelled something like "Beulah!" in the theme. Along with Lt Uhura, these might have been the only African-Americans I saw anywhere until later.
Lisa Johnson said…
dmarks - LOL! Good! There just weren't many to see....

Popular Posts