DIY Strawberry Peppermint Foot Scrub

From other posts that I've written, you may know that I have a crafty side and can really get into some DIY projects.

There are quite a few crafty things that I've done at home that I wanted to write about, but just didn't have the time. So last week I was delighted to receive a gem of an email with a quick DIY project all written up and photographed. Who am I to turn down great content? So I thought that I'd share it here with you.

Erika Katz has a website called Bonding Over Beauty and a book by the same name. The purpose of both of them is to help moms and their tween girls bond over beauty. A pretty cool idea.

Well, I'm not a mom nor a tween, but I do like a nice foot scrub. Maybe some of you do too. So here's the recipe below.

Strawberry Peppermint Foot Scrub

~ 2 cups pureed strawberries

~ 1 tablespoon of olive oil

~ 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

~ 2 tablespoons of granulated white sugar

~ 4 drops peppermint essential oil

Mix all the ingredients well and put into a pretty jar. It’s great to use strawberries in this recipe because they are rich in salicylic acid which helps dead skin shed more easily. The sugar granules also help to exfoliate skin but are super gentle on delicate skin. You can also keep this recipe in the fridge for up to one week.

* * *

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it must smell amazing. And it would be much cheaper than going to a spa. I don't have any peppermint essential oil, but I do have rosemary, which might work just as well. Either way, I'll probably give it a try.

Enjoy and happy Monday to you!

*Updated 9/15/12* Check out a DIY recipe from Erika Katz for Brown Sugar Scrub that I posted on my blog's Facebook page. I hope you *Like* it!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2012. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.
Find me on Instagram: @analisfirstamendment

Comments

Popular Posts