I'll Never Forget You Lobster Popover

Last week, I gave you a sneek peek of the McGladrey Culinary Challenge for Charity. Before too much time gets away, I want to share the rest of the photos and tell you a little bit more about the event.

There were so many people! Over 700! It was rather overwhelming at first and I had to get my bearings when I first walked in.

The first table that I was able to taste from represented L'Espalier and served House Smoked Salmon with Oyster Parsley Cream & Ruby Red Pink Grapefruit. Delicious! I only wish that there had been places to sit and savor the food a bit more. It was so good! I'm a slow eater and had to pick up the pace of my eating.

The McGladrey Culinary Challenge paired seven charitable organizations with renowned Boston-area chefs and media personalities as celebrity “Sous-chefs” in order to raise money for local community-based projects. Over $60,000 was raised!

Below is a listing of the Celebrity Chefs and Media Personalities pairings.

Anthony Caturano/Billy Costa/ Boston Police Activities League
Chris Damian/Janet Wu/Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
Dante de Magistris/Athena Yang/Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
Frank McClelland/Dave Kartunen/Special Olympics Massachusetts
Jeff Nace/Donna Garlough/The Jewish National Fund
Jason Santos/Jordan Rich/The Lenny Zakim Fund
Lydia Shire/Natalie Jacobson/The Genesis Fund


One of the big draws of the evening was the pairing of Lydia Shire from Towne and Natalie Jacobson, retired news anchor. There was a serious line to wait for the food! But I made it through. Toughed it out like a champion! : )

What was the dish? Duck Grilled over Cherry Wood with Fresh Chestnut Risotto & Fresh Currants. While it's not on the official brochure for the evening, there was also a lobster popover.

A lobster popover! It was my favorite thing! I can't stop telling people about it. Well, I very much look forward to having it again someday. And I'm going to try my hand at making popovers myself. A friend told me that baking them is very easy and she makes them every Christmas. I'm going to try and do the same.



Disclosure: Complimentary invitation courtesy of Mullen.

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts