2010: Looking Back


These are some of my favorite pictures from this past year. 2009 was tough. Not that there was nothing good about it. When I really look back at several things, I see that there was a lot that was good about it. Nevertheless, I was overwhelmingly happy to see 2009 end.

2010 was different. Beautifully different! I'm even feeling a bit nostalgic. I guess that's why I'm doing a year end retrospective of sorts. But I'm feeling even better about 2011. 2011 is going to be awesome!

To begin this year of complete and total awesomeness, I'm taking some Christmas money and getting a mani/pedi. Since my own personal economy went south with the rest of the world's, my last mani/pedi was years ago. And sadly, the spa that I used to go to went out of business. Sign of the times. So today I booked an appointment at a new place and look forward to starting the year off right!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

*Updated 5/28/11* I've removed links and the name of the new spa that I went to for a mani/pedi. Since a month after the service, I've had problems with my foot that I think may relate to the pedicure. I can no longer recommend this spa.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Wishing you much love, health, and happiness in 2011...and lots of mani/pedis too ;)
Lisa Johnson said…
michelle - Happy New Year to you and thanks for sweet wishes! : )
alessandra said…
What a great attitude, 2011 and following are going to be super awesome, Happy New Year Lisa!
Lisa Johnson said…
alessandra - Happy New Year! Yes! 2011 is the year of super awesomeness!
Love the way you started the new year off! Mani-pedi's are the best. It reminds me that it's been a while for me too...might need to fix that!

All the best to you in 2011!
Lisa Johnson said…
tsbk - All the best to you! I hope you enjoy a mani/pedi soon too! ; )
Happy New Year Lisa...it has been awhile but I wanted you to know we loved the apple/banana/yogurt cake...enjoy your mani-pedi de-stresser...I'm still carrying around a gift certificate from one of my students for a manicure...hoping to use it one day when my hands are out of markers, play dough, paint and glue...if you know anyone who is using a balance ball chair let me know...I need to de-stress when sitting at my computer!
SE'LAH... said…
wishing you many more mani/pedi's. you so deserve it.

happy new year!!! may it be the best one ever. one love.
Lisa Johnson said…
mimisms - Happy New Year! Nice to see around again. I'm glad that you enjoyed the cake. I haven't made it in a while myself and you're making me want to bake it again!

se'lah - All the best to you and your family in 2011!
Operaton You said…
Your Creator is Awesome! 2011 is awesome! You are awesome!

Awesome + Awesome = Prosperity, Abundance, Peace, Joy, Love, Wholeness, Health, Happiniess, Confidence, Awesome!

Always see and expect GOOD becasue you are GOOD and it is always, always flowing. Enjoy your mani/pedi girl! You sooo deserve it.
Lisa Johnson said…
vickie - Happy New Year to you! So nice to see your smiling face! : )
S said…
My 2010 was horrible, awful, and every other bad adjective you can think of. I was so happy to see it end and I hope the door did kick it on its way out. So it gives me hope to know you had a similar year in 2009 and then describe the next year as being beautiful. Perhaps one day I can even, like you, look back on my horrible year and see lots of good in it. Go 2011!
Lisa Johnson said…
s - Happy New Year! It's strange how a little distance can change our perspective. I hope you have the most awesome 2011 and in time can see some beauty in 2010.
Suldog said…
Enjoy the mani/pedi! It's always nice to let yourself be pampered. My choice is a massage once in a while. Aaaaahhhhh.
Lisa Johnson said…
suldog - Happy New Year! A massage is a great treat too. I'd do all three if I could!
Esme said…
Happy New Year-dear friend. Enjoy your mani-pedi. So goes the life of a self employed professional. Wishing you health and happiness.
Lisa Johnson said…
esme - Happy New Year to you too! I'm so looking forward to this bit of luxury! ; )
shilpa said…
Happy new year!!!!!!! I hope the mani-pedi at the new place was every bit as good as at the old place!!!
Tera said…
Yes, 2011 WILL be different! Happy New Year...Cheers!
Lisa Johnson said…
shilpa - Happy New Year! I had the mani/pedi yesterday and it was great! So relaxing!

tera - Cheers to you and 2011! It's gonna be a good one!

Popular Posts