Random Food Photos - Sweet Potato Fries


A couple of months ago, I was making some sweet potato fries. The deep color and sharp angles of the potatoes on the plate intrigued me. So I took some pictures.


These fries were really good too. This isn't much of a recipe, but here are the basic instructions.

Wash and cut up sweet potatoes. Place a good amount of oil in a deep pan. Heat the oil until very hot. Fry until deep brown. Remove fries and let drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with lemon pepper or seasoned salt of your choice. Then sprinkle with an herb of your choice, like basil, rosemary, or oregano. Eat.

Here are some more recipes for sweet potato fries. Enjoy!

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2009. All rights reserved.

This Post’s Link

Like what you see? Subscribe to this blog by clicking here

Comments

T. said…
Mmmmm, I LOVE sweet potato fries! My mouth waters almost every time I come here... :)
I adore sweet potato fries; I must eat them at least once a week.
Jennifer said…
Oh, sweet potato fries are always a great treat. The herb sprinkle is a fine suggestion.
I would so love some of those! I never get them out (as, of course, they are always fried with gluteny stuff and are cross contaminated). And, Mr. GFE doesn't like sweet potatoes. BUT, I might make a batch for myself when he's gone on his upcoming scuba trip! That's the ticket! Son and I used to always eat everything we liked and Mr. GFE did not when he was off diving. We looked forward to it very much. It just makes it more fun when you can have a meal of not often eaten favorites.

Thanks for the inspiration, dear!
Shirley
Josephine said…
mmm, sweet potatoes are my favorite! will definitely be making these.
Lisa Johnson said…
t - Then I guess I'm doing a good job here! : )

susan - I wish I could have them once a week! I don't have fried food very often though. Not even once a month. With all the baking, something's got to give. Although, if I baked them, I could have them more...

jennifer - Looking at this photo is making me want to make them again. I'm running low on my herbs I just noticed...

shirley - Glad to inspire you and I hope you enjoy those fries!

josephine - I hope you enjoyed them!
Can-Can said…
My grandfather used to eat a baked sweet potato every single day. I like sweet potato fries and I like them baked with olive oil, cinnamon, a little pepper and kosher salt. I have them at least twice a week. Scrumptious!
Lisa Johnson said…
can-can - Sweet potatoes are such a healthy food. I really should eat them more. I like your recipe and will have to try it. Thanks!

Popular Posts