Zen Bloggism



A couple of days ago, I read this article about happiness and it made me think. What makes me happy? Someone smiling at me, a full moon and starlit night sky, delicious food, that feeling of delight after you see a great movie, witty repartee, fresh smelling just out of the dryer toasty warm laundry, all sorts of things.

Lately, I've realized that blogging makes me happy. I get into a zone where I don't notice time passing. I'm simply enjoying the present moment. I always hope for comments and that other people identify with what I'm writing, but deep down, it doesn't matter. I'm doing this for me. It almost feels like a sinful pleasure, like eating too much chocolate, but there is no stomach ache after and no calories! I'm probably burning calories! Granted this is not aerobics, but my brain is definitely getting a workout. Blogging is like meditation. I am enjoying the moment as it happens. There may even be some enlightenment going on. What makes you feel happy?

If you're interested in finding out how other people are feeling, check out this website. I feel intrigued and want to participate in this project. I am feeling hopeful. If you check out this website, you will see that my last two sentences may have just been entered into the database of several million human feelings.

Comments

suttonhoo said…
is there such a thing as too much chocolate? certainly there's no such thing as too much blogging -- 'cause you can never share too many stories.

(thanks for the feel fine link -- looks very cool.)
Lisa Johnson said…
suttonhoo - I didn't believe it was possible either, until one day I had too much. I went to a bridal shower at a chocolate bar at the Langham Hotel in Boston, which sounds like heaven, but it is just TOO much chocolate. Here is a link if you want to look.

http://www.langhamhotels.com/langham/boston/dining/chocolate.htm


Then again, I didn't have to try and eat everything! It was all amazing mind you, just too much. By the way, I had the best brunch of my life there. The food is out out of this world. It deserves a post of its own.
Suldog said…
I think this one predated the first time I stopped by here - not sure.

Blogging makes me feel much the same way, for the most part. You know me; I'd probably have substituted "masturbation" for "meditation" in my description of the time spent blogging. The general feeling about it, however, would be the same despite my penchant for landing in the gutter. In either case, it's a fun activity that hurts no one else, provides some happiness, makes the day go by nicely, and generally results in a brighter outlook on life.
Lisa Johnson said…
suldog - LOL! Semantics. Blogging is fun! ; )

Popular Posts