DIY: Homemade Caramel Sauce


How's your weekend so far? I hope it's as sweet as this caramel sauce.

Tomorrow I'm having my family over for Easter and decided to make this caramel sauce for a cake that I'm putting together. I cooked some spiced pears and apples and plan to serve them with a single layer vanilla cake, the caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. It's kind of thrown together, but how badly could they possibly taste?

This was my first time making caramel sauce, but it literally only took five minutes to make from scratch. Now that I know how easy it is to make, there's no reason to ever buy it. Although I've never bought it. But maybe some of you do. I implore you! DIY!

The recipe is from Leite's Culinaria. The only things that I changed were using dark brown sugar instead of light, because that's what I have and using half and half instead of whipping cream.

I can't imagine it tasting more delicious. Yes, I ate a couple of spoonfuls. I had to taste it right? Then to take the picture I needed to do some more swirling of the sauce with the spoon and I couldn't stop myself from tasting another. Absolutely blissful!

Happy Easter!

*Updated 4/21/2014* The dessert was a hit! I ended up making vanilla cupcakes, so the portions would be easier and also making a Swedish Visiting Cake. I would have taken a picture, but I was too busy hosting, eating and having fun! Maybe next time. : )

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2014. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
pretty nice blog, following :)
Lisa Johnson said…
Skyline Spirit - Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words! : )
Margie said…
Yummy sauce :)
Lisa Johnson said…
Margie - It was so good. I went a little nuts over it yesterday. :)

Popular Posts