Single Serving Banana Bread Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting


You didn't think that the last recipe was the end of the single serving desserts did you? I hope not! These desserts may have borders, but new ones will keep making appearances here for the foreseeable future.

By sharing these recipes, I hope to show that it's possible to just make one serving of dessert at home quickly and easily. You don't have to purchase dessert at a bakery or buy a box mix or refrigerated dessert to do it.  Making it yourself is cheaper. Plus, while I cannot say that any dessert is healthy, at least you will know all the ingredients this way.

My latest single serving creation was inspired by this recipe for Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting. For some reason, I'm just not all about the brown butter. Maybe because it seems too time intensive for me to deal with.

I'm all about homemade, but it's also about the quickness. Since I happened to have some cream cheese in the fridge, I decided to use it for the frosting. The rest was just adapting the recipe to make one cupcake. I made two attempts. The first was good, but a bit too liquidy, so I adjusted the time and temperature. The timing still needs a bit of an adjustment. Somewhere between 20 and 25 minutes, it can overbake rather quickly. Even so, this is one tasty cupcake.

Single Serving Banana Bread Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
(makes one cupcake)

Ingredients + Instructions

Cupcake
2 T mashed ripe banana
2 T butter or Smart Balance (softened)
1 T vanilla yogurt
1 T brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Frosting
1 tsp. butter or Smart Balance
1 tsp. cream cheese
2 T powdered sugar

Set aside a small ramekin with one cupcake liner or a small piece of parchment paper and set oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cupcake ingredients in small bowl. Spoon out dough into the ramekin. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes. While cupcake is baking, make the frosting. Combine ingredients in small bowl.

Keep cupcake in paper, but remove from ramekin and place in freezer for about 5 minutes. Remove from freezer, then frost the top.  Eat and enjoy!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

chidimma said…
Thanks for sharing!

Would try it.


Lisa Johnson said…
chidimma - You're welcome!
Chris O said…
This looks so quick and simple but oh so yummy. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe. Thanks.
Lisa Johnson said…
chris - You're welcome! : )

Popular Posts