Stamp Out Hunger ~ May 11, 2013

Today is Stamp Out Hunger! Did you know that 1 in 6 Americans are facing hunger? Or that nearly 6 million Americans are fed by food banks each week? Or that 1 in 7 Americans use SNAP (food stamps) benefits?

Those are frightening statistics and there is no need for them. There is more than enough food in this country for everyone.

If your postal carrier has not arrived yet today, there is still time to participate. Even if they have arrived, you can still go to your local post office and drop off a bag of food.

The day is still young and we all have a chance to do something good in a very easy, yet meaningful way. 

I almost missed my opportunity, but I saw a tweet and remembered getingt a flyer in the mail a few days ago. So I just put together a bag with non-perishable food items and put them out for the postal carrier. So easy! I put out container of coffee, canned pumpkin, beans, couscous, and a bottle of soda. Hopefully, someone can make a nice meal out of these things.

Are you going to help Stamp Out Hunger today?


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.
~ Amazon Store ~

Comments

Popular Posts