Artscape - The New African Photography


Just watched this short film, Emeka Okereke: Invisible Borders. Part of a six-part series from Al Jazeera English called Artscape - The New African Photography, it profiles different African photographers who are taking back control of how Africa is portrayed in the media.

Emeka Okereke is the photographer in this film. I enjoyed watching him work and seeing the dilemmas that he faced.

It's very well done and I love the idea. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the series.

*Updated 4/30/2013* Here is a link to the text of a conversation between Emeka Okereke, founder and Artistic Director of Invisible Borders Trans-African Photographers’ Organization, and Emmanuel Iduma, Nigerian author and writer.

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.
~ Amazon Store ~

Comments

Popular Posts