Blueberry Muffins

A few days ago, I made blueberry muffins.

Harking back to my childhood, I used the Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffin recipe. Those muffins sure did have their day.

Since I can't leave a good recipe well enough alone, I made a few changes. I reduced the amount of sugar from 1 1/4 cups to 3/4 of a cup.

Of course I used Smart Balance instead of butter and vanilla rice milk instead of regular milk. I reduced the salt from 1/2 teaspoon to a quarter teaspoon.

Instead of 2 cups all-purpose flour, I used 1 cup all-purpose, 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, and to mix it up a bit and get more whole grain, 1/2 cup millet flour.

These muffins were excellent. Not as sweet, but still wonderful and bursting with blueberries. I always come back to this recipe and I'll keep tweaking them to see what new thing I can try next time.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2012. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts