So if you want to give a gift that will truly make someone happy, give them an experience gift.What's an experience gift?
A gift where the person receiving it, in all senses of the word, gets to enjoy the present. They will look forward to the fun that they will have, have fun actually taking part in the experience, then hopefully have some wonderful memories of the experience that they can share with others.
You can also give the gift of your company and time and take part in the activity with them, so it becomes a shared experience. So if you want to give an experience gift, here are a few ideas.
* * * * *
1. Get crafting. I took a sewing course at Stitch House. It was fun and I left with a finished piece!
2. Sharpen your cooking and baking skills. I teach baking classes at Brookline Adult & Community Education. Several students said that they were given the course as a gift and they had a great time.
3. Go on a food tour. Most everyone loves food. I met Audrey on a food tour of the North End. Now she gives Boston Foodie Tours!
4. See a film festival. I'm always interested in seeing different types of movies. Going to a film festival is a great way to do it. Film festivals are popping up all over the place, so whether you're in Massachusetts or not, it should be easy to find one near you.
5. Visit a museum. Museums often have film festivals, interesting discussions, unique events, great restaurants, and art. Getting someone an annual membership as a gift not only supports a local cultural organization, but lets them get discounts and free passes to many of the events taking place.
These are just a few gifts of experiences. Have you ever received one or have more to suggest?
Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2011. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.
Print this post