Monday, September 12, 2011

Recipe: Strawberry Birthday Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting

As mentioned in the last post, I had a birthday recently. For some reason, thoughts of strawberry cupcakes kept popping into my head. So I found a recipe.

Since I didn't need 30 cupcakes, I halved the recipe and made a few changes in keeping with my style of baking. Everyone LOVED these cupcakes! I'll definitely make them again.

It was a Martha Stewart recipe, so how could I go wrong?  My adapted version of her recipe is below. I created the frosting recipe and the measurements are approximate, because I didn't measure.

Strawberry Birthday Cupcakes (Adapted from Martha Stewart)
(makes 1 dozen cupcakes)


  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) Smart Balance (softened)
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup vanilla rice milk
  • 2/3 cup chopped strawberries

Put paper liners in muffin pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl as you like. I usually start with Smart Balance, sugar, eggs, vanilla, then add dry ingredients and strawberries last. Pour mixture in pan.

Bake for 20- 30 minutes. Check for slight browning and do toothpick test. When done, remove from oven and cool in the fridge until ready to frost.

Mascarpone Frosting: In a small bowl, combine about 1/4 cup Smart Balance, 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, a dash of salt, about 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and about 2 T vanilla rice milk. Stir until smooth. Check the consistency. Taste. Make adjustments for your liking.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2011. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.

Share/Bookmark Print this post


Josephine said...

Those looks so good! You're making me hungry!

Lisa said...

josephine - Then I guess I did my job well! ; )

Chris O said...

wishing you a great year ahead Anali, Happy Belated Birthday! Those cupcakes look and sound so very delicious. I will be trying them myself. Wish I could just pop my hand into the photo and snag one for myself.

Lisa said...

chris - Thank you! I wish I could grab another one too. I'll have to bake them again!: )

Disclaimer: Nothing stated on Anali's First Amendment should be construed as legal advice. No attorney client relationships have been formed on this blog. © 2006-2016. Anali's First Amendment/Lisa C. Johnson. All rights reserved. Do not use writing or photographs without permission.