Week of August 18 - 24, 2014

===============================================================
Looking for free yoga classes in Boston? See the Summer 2014 listing here!

Massachusetts Farmers Markets and food trucks are everywhere. Plus, look at this handy guide to the Boston Public Market!

===============================================================

Monday, April 18, 2011

On Taking Risks

"Never be afraid to risk looking stupid in order to do something awesome."

~ Brotip #220

When I decided to try a public fundraiser for an organization that I strongly believe in, I feared looking badly if I didn't succeed. What if nobody will support me?

But then I thought about similar experiences in my life where I had a chance to do something good. I decided that the end goal was more important than my ego.

I've never regretted a decision to step out of my comfort zone for something greater than myself. Honestly, I'm still nervous about the outcome. But I have to try. This organization really needs the money. If I can possibly do something to help, how can I not at least try?

"Never be afraid to risk looking stupid in order to do something awesome."

I'm holding tightly to the words in this quote a little more each day.

"Never be afraid to risk looking stupid in order to do something awesome."


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2011. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.


Share/Bookmark Print this post

2 comments:

josephine said...

Go for it, Lisa!

Lisa said...

Thanks Josephine! ; )

 
Disclaimer: Nothing stated on Anali's First Amendment should be construed as legal advice. No attorney client relationships have been formed on this blog. © 2006-2014. Anali's First Amendment/Lisa C. Johnson. All rights reserved. Do not use writing or photographs without permission. Please read About + Contact for more details.