The Bookmarque Shop

There's something very special about getting lost in a good book. Sitting outside in the warm weather or inside cuddled up in a blanket with a warm drink and noticing through the window that it's snowing outside.

When I was a child, I remember when my parents signed me up for a book club. I so loved the day when a new book would arrive! Plus, who doesn't love getting something nice in the mail?

One of my favorite book series was The Mouse and the Motorcycle, by Beverly Cleary. I loved the adventures of that little mouse!

Reading is still one of my favorite things, so I always need bookmarks. I used to rely on getting random bookmarks as gifts or freebies, but they wear out after a while. Some of them, I've lost. And some are just boring. Yes, I want exciting bookmarks! ; )

I bought a few too. But they just weren't doing it for me. So I started making my own. I realized that I liked my own bookmarks better than many that I'd seen in stores. A few people complimented me on the bookmarks and I gave a few away as gifts. I wondered if I could sell some.

Over the last year, I noticed the popularity of Pop-up Shops, which are stores that are open for very short periods of time. So I decided to try a pop-up shop for selling my bookmarks. The Bookmarque Shop!

I had planned to sell them on Etsy, but there is a listing fee. I decided on Big Cartel, since this is a very small collection. The shop popped up this week and will be open until the end of the year.

So for any of you big readers looking for a bookmark or two for yourself or if you're looking for gifts, please take a look in The Bookmarque Shop!

*Updated 1/5/2014* Just in case anyone is looking, the shop is closed.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts