Photo of the Day


Do any of you know this mural's location? Hint: It's somewhere in Massachusetts.

*Updated 8/20/10* The mural is located on the side of Taberna de Haro restaurant, which is on 999 Beacon Street, at the corner of Beacon and St. Mary's Street in Brookline. It was closed the day that I was there, but I would love to go back.

Taberna de Haro is a Spanish restaurant with wine, tapas, and desserts. And they have sweet wine to go with dessert! I'll have to check this place out. Anyone been there?

I went to brunch with a friend last Sunday at the place right next to this restaurant. I'll be posting about that place soon! As we were leaving, we noticed the mural. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the actual piece of art. But thanks to Willow's comment, I'll be looking to learn more.

*Updated 5/23/11* I'm almost done reading An Object of Beauty, by Steve Martin. Great book by the way! As I was reading it last night, on page 126, I saw this picture. It looked so familiar. Then I remembered this mural. I couldn't believe it!

Well, now I know the name, it's El Jaleo, by John Singer Sargent. Mystery solved. Thanks Steve!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts.

Comments

Tess Kincaid said…
I have this postcard on my fridge!! It's from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
Sharlene T. said…
Thanks, Willow, you saved my butt!... Great picture... we have something similar here in NC of our founding fathers... love that stuff... thanks for sharing... come visit when you can...

Twitter: SolarChief
Tera said…
Love the picture!
Tracy said…
I'm not sure where the mural is, but I'm sure that I like it very much! ;o) I can hear the music... Happy Weekend, Anali ((HUGS))
Lisa Johnson said…
willow - Interesting! I had no idea about the actual painting. Didn't even know it was famous.

sharlene - I love how murals just unexpectedly pop up around the city. Now I'm even more curious about the picture.

tera - Great to see you around again!

tracy - You have a great weekend too! I'm getting ready to update the post with the location.
Anonymous said…
Stopping by from SITS -- loving the simplicity of your blog page. Am looking forward to exploring more of your blog, and your desserts!
Lisa Johnson said…
somethingtolearn - Welcome and thanks so much for the sweet words! Hope to see you around again! ; )

Popular Posts