Christmas Cookies: Nutella + White Chocolate Chip + Cranberry

Yet one more Christmas cookie recipe. I know. It's cookie overload this time of year. Hopefully I didn't catch you right at the moment where you thought, "If I see one more cookie recipe I'll scream!"

If so, well, scream and move on. But only after you read the recipe of course! This cookie is also my submission to the Food Blogga Eat Christmas Cookies 3rd Annual Event.
You can see all the cookies that are part of the event by looking at the cookie round-up here.

I hope you like the recipe. It has some of my favorite things. One of them being Nutella. Did you know that World Nutella Day is coming up soon? Yup! February 5th 2010. That's going to be quite a month!

Before I get to the recipe, just a few things. It was adapted from this Christmas cookie recipe. I'm not usually a fan of the cakey textured cookie, but there are exceptions to every rule. I know it's almost Christmas and all, but this recipe makes a damn fine cookie!

Nutella, White Chocolate Chip + Cranberry Cookies
(makes about 2 dozen)
Recipe inspired by these.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Smart Balance
1/4 cup Nutella
3/4 cup vanilla sugar*
1 egg
1/2 cup orange flavored dried cranberries**
1/3 cup white chocolate chips

In a large bowl, add Nutella and Smart Balance. Soften in microwave for about a minute. Add vanilla sugar and egg. Mix well. Add salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in flour. Add cranberries and chips. Combine well to form a nice dough.

* After I used up my homemade vanilla extract, I added sugar to the vanilla beans remaining in the jar. Just shake and the vanilla flavor will infuse the sugar. When you use up half the sugar, add some more and shake again. I'm hoping that I can keep doing this for a while.

** You can buy these at Trader Joe's or use Craisins.

Grab some dough with your hands and roll into a medium sized ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cool for a couple of minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookie and place on plate. Now eat some Christmas cookies and enjoy!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2009. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Like what you see? Subscribe to this blog by clicking here.
Shopping on Amazon today? Please consider starting here and help this blog.

Comments

These look so good! Yum!
I haven't seen too many cookies as yet, but ask me again at the end of the holidays.
Josephine said…
mmm, these look so good!
lemonologie said…
These look fabulous!

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day the other week. Sorry it has taken so long to return the visit - I've been sick!

I love the random acts of kindness that you have on your blog. I've spent a lot of time on the free rice one!
Suldog said…
You were a cute kid with your gap-toothed smile!
El said…
Anything with Nutella works for me. Looks great!
Could this cookie get any better? Really. Thanks, Lisa! Happy Holidays!
Anything with Nutella in it is a winner to me!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
alessandra said…
Everywhere I go these days I find nutella, even in my pantry, ops it's over ;-)
Happy SITS ....
Jennifer said…
WOW these look delicious!! I can't wait to try out your recipe :)

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!
Kimberly said…
Yum!

I would love to try one. They look so good.

Stopping over from SITS!
Lisa Johnson said…
grey street girl - So good to see you here again!

bellini valli - Glad that it wasn't cookie overload!

josephine - Thanks!

lemonologie - Welcome! Thanks for for doing the random act of kindness! I try to generate good karma on this blog. : )

suldog - LOL! Thanks!

el - It's hard to go wrong with Nutella!
Lisa Johnson said…
susan - You're welcome! And thank you for the wonderful event! Happy Holidays to you too!

karen - Welcome! Thanks for the SITS comment love!

alessandra - Thanks for dropping by! I'm almost out of Nutella too!

somewhere in between - Welcome and thanks for the sweet words! Let me know how you like them.

kimberly - Thank you! I wish I could email you one! It's almost 2010 after all. : )
Nutella and white chocolate chips ... now you know they've gotta be good! Not even considering the other ingredients. ;-)

Shirley
Lisa Johnson said…
shirley - I had planned to make these again before Christmas, but didn't get the chance. I guess in the new year!
Yours Truly said…
oh god...these cookie is filled with my favorite things. nutella and dried fruit! love it
Lisa Johnson said…
tamanna - Welcome! Glad you like it! I hope you give the recipe a try. ; )

Popular Posts