For The Love Of Shortbread


Stop the madness people! I love cupcakes as much as the next person, but just because one loves cupcakes doesn't mean that it's necessary to go around recklessly disparaging other desserts.

Let's have some respect for the diversity of confections people! There's enough love for all the sweets.

Via a tweet from Raquelita, I learned that Cupcakes Take The Cake just celebrated their 9,000th blog post. That's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!

One of the bloggers, Nichelle Stephens was quoted in a Los Angeles Times article about cupcakes. It's a wonderful article, and I agree with Tara Settembre's statement, "I don't think you can be angry eating a cupcake[.]" But read these not so sweet statements.
"Cookies are boring." "There's nothing endearing about a brownie."

Ouch! That's a bit harsh.

I didn't see anything about shortbread, so I guess it didn't even make it on the radar to warrant an insult. Well, I have to admit that I'm a recent convert to loving shortbread. But I'm a big fan now.

Recently I created a new shortbread recipe using OIKOS Organic Greek Yogurt. G went absolutely wild over it and I loved it too.

Get my recipe for Fig & Whiskey Whole Wheat Shortbread here.


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2009. All rights reserved.

This Post’s Link

Like what you see? Subscribe to this blog by clicking here.

Comments

K. said…
Cute post...=)
You don't have to worry about me...I LOVE THEM ALL!
Josephine said…
i love shortbread cookies, too. there are these lavendar shortbread cookies from Miette that are divine! if you're ever in the Bay Area, i'll take you :)
Suldog said…
Shortbread is magnificent. And, for what it's worth, I've never met the brownie yet that can't kick a cupcakes ass!
I'm am with the Suldog. Brownies rock. Although they must be the chewy, fudgie brownies. Boo, cakelike brownies.
sunnymama said…
I love shortbread and brownies too! Your shortbread recipe looks delicious :)
Lisa Johnson said…
kirti - Thank you! Me too!

josephine - I so want to try that lavendar shortbread. When I get out there again, I'll take you up on your offer!

suldog - That would be quite a contest. Frosting and walnuts flying everywhere! ; )

endangered coffee - I agree. Consistency is very important with brownies. I prefer the chewey fudgie kind too. I wish I were better at making them. I can never get them to come out of the pan in solid pieces, so I can't bring them out in public. : (

sunnymama - Thank you! I made these a few weeks ago, but I think I want to make them again.

Popular Posts