Happy Earth Day!


Last Friday was really warm. In the 70's. My Aunt J and I went to the Arnold Arboretum to walk, enjoy the weather, and just to catch up.

The Arboretum is a beautiful place, especially in the Spring. I just saw on their website that they offer some interesting Adult Education Courses. That might be fun.



The Arboretum is part of the Emerald Necklace, which is a 7-mile-long network of parks and parkways. It was laid out by Frederick Law Olmsted for the Boston Parks Department between 1878 and 1892.

By the way, the Olmsted Park Woodlands is looking for volunteers on May 2nd to help uproot the garlic mustard, a small but aggressive invasive plant.



Back to my Aunt J. My mom is one of eleven children and J is the youngest. I'm the oldest granddaughter. So J is my aunt, but because we're so close in age, she's more like an older sister. It was really nice spending time with her. We both got some good exercise and I took a ton of pictures.

And then we went out to eat. But that will be a post for another day. Thanks for the walk Auntie!

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2009. All rights reserved.


This Post's Link

Comments

Liz Dwyer said…
So lovely that you got to spend time with your aunt and take in such beauty. It always amazes me how spring looks so very different in different parts of the country. It shouldn't amaze me, but it does! :)
K. said…
sounds like a great way to celebrate Earth day...
vinay said…
nice place for a walk...
I found you via Shirley at GFE and I'm glad I did! What a lovely blog you have. The arboretum sounds wonderfully peaceful. Next time I'm in Boston, I'll put that on my list.

Love your photos and your writing.

Melissa
Lisa Johnson said…
los angelista - It is pretty amazing how one country can have so many different looks! But it's nice! :D

kirti - It was a good time!

vinay - It sure was! Good to see you here again!

glutenfreeforgood - Welcome Melissa! I'll have to get over to your blog too. Thank you for the kind words. I'll have the second part of the post coming up soon with a suggestion on where to eat if you visit.
SE'LAH... said…
The Arboretum is endearing, isn't it? I have to visit soon...haven't been in years. Thanks for the reminder.

Lovely photos.
Lisa Johnson said…
se'lah - Welcome! Thanks for the kind words! It's a wonderful place and there's so much of it that I haven't seen. By the time I get over there again, all the leaves will be grown in and it will look so different from how it looked just recently. Enjoy your trip over. Hopefully you'll get to go soon! ; )

Popular Posts