A Pennsylvania Story

I still can't get over it. Obama won. I continue to wake up each morning with the first thought being "Who won the election?" Then I remember and smile. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get used to this. I guess my subconscious hasn't quite caught up yet.

Emotions still keep welling up in me and I tear up when I read a new blog post, see a new video or flickr set. I just got choked up again reading a comment on a post over at The Dept.

The Dept. of Nance that is. Nance is a wonderful blogger with a keen sense of humor and a great writer of all things politics, fashion, education, and well, all sorts of things. Check her out if you haven't already.

I was making my blog rounds and getting ready to leave a comment over on a new post at The Dept. when I read a comment by one of her readers, which just blew me away. Below is a portion of Nancy's comment and I recommend you go over and read the whole thing. It will just warm your heart. Well, if you were for Obama it will.
"I worked at the polls here in Pennsylvania on Tuesday from 6:30 A.M. until 10:00 P.M. I am the Minority Inspector(minority mean Democratic.) My district has 1,400 registered voters (60% Republican) and 1,200 people personally came in to vote and we had 70 absentee ballots.

At 8 P.M. we locked the doors and turned the keys on our three electronic voting machines. That triggers the tape to begin rolling which has registered the votes all day. When I looked at the first tape and saw Straight Democrat 345..Straight Republican 145 I tried hard to keep a poker face in front of the R's in the room. Then the votes of split tickets began to roll and they were 60-40 for Obama. Now I'm feeling a litle giddy. Next machine. Straight Democrat 456..Straight Republican 230. Splits are 55-45 Obama. I'm woozy. Almost the same results on the third machine. I want to leap in the air and give a cheer but I remain silent."

Read the rest of the comment here. How could I not share this with you?

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2008. All rights reserved.


This Post's Link

Comments

Anonymous said…
how are you?
Nance said…
Thanks for the BlogLove, Anali. Much appreciated, and isn't Nancy a treasure as a reader and commenter? Don't steal her away...!
Lisa Johnson said…
kaylee - I'm great! I hope you are feeling better. ; )

nance - You're welcome friend. : ) Nancy is awesome! I wouldn't dare!

Popular Posts