Go Red!


While walking to the train a few nights ago, I saw this light design projected onto the Federal Reserve building near South Station. I had to take a picture even though I only had my camera phone.

Today is
National Wear Red Day. The purpose is to raise awareness of the risks for heart disease and stroke in women. The short-term goal is a 25% reduction by 2010. There is some great information and a variety of helpful tools if you click on the links that I've highlighted here. There are even some recipes.

Several organizations are
sponsoring the program. In particular, Campbell's Soup has a cool promotion. Just by visiting their website and clicking, they will donate $1.00 towards the Go Red Movement. I just did. I hope you do too!

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2008. All rights reserved.
This Post's Link
Shopping on Amazon today? Please consider starting here and help this blog.

Comments

FH said…
Didn't know that! I will click to help. Enjoy the Super Bowl Anali!:)
I wore red today! I wear red a lot of days, actually, but I meant to today :)
Lisa Johnson said…
asha - Thanks and I will! : )

bleeding espresso - I wore it too on purpose! : D
gypsy soul said…
hi anali!
thanks for posting this..only too bad i found out too late, 'red day' is over already - but we can all still support the movement at any given day, right..

thankfully my heart is still ok..medically and physically speaking..it's the other kind of heart ache that i'm going through these days, if you know what i mean. it could really drain you out too..emotionally.
Anonymous said…
Oooppss crap.
Just posted a pork belly recipe! Sorry!
Will you forgive me? :-)

I'm going to get my red shirt!
Anonymous said…
I Wore red yesterday... unfortantely I know what you are talking about when you talk about heart disease...But i am doing better these last couple of days havent been so bad :) THANK GOD!

ARE YU WATCHING TEH SUPERBOWL TOMORROW?
This is a great announcement and new to me. Thanks, Anali. And delicious frittatas too!
Lisa Johnson said…
elay - Welcome! I think the whole month is heart awareness month and you can can definitely still support the cause. And I love to wear red anyway! And the other kind of heartache I know all too well. You really bring up quite a good point. Wow, you blew me away with that one. You have no idea... We have to take care of not only our physical hearts, but our emotional hearts as well. Thank you for such a great comment! ; )

zen chef - LOL! You're forgiven! Funny the timing of your post. I totally believe in balance and moderation though like you said. With all the sugar and fat on my blog, who am I to judge? : )

kaylee - I guess you really do know better than most people. Continue to get well! I'll be watching, but will probably miss the beginning of the SuperBowl. I don't even know what time it comes on yet! Go Patriots!

susan from food blogga - You're welcome and thanks! I guess all of us New England folks will be watching no matter where we are! This really is it!

Popular Posts