Sugar + Butter + Eggs = Oh My!


The past few days I've been in full Christmas baking mode. I don't bake as much as I did years ago. Back then I had a ton of paid vacation time and I relaxed and baked and organized and shopped and cleaned and wrapped and ate and relaxed some more. It was really nice.

Silly me. I quit my job and went to law school. Oh well. I'm glad I took the time then and enjoyed it. Now it's all about shopping and baking and everything else in between working my hours. I'm about to go to work within a couple of hours and will be doing a very long day. But I wanted to do what will probably be my last post before Christmas.

Does it look like this cookie is smiling or am I just tired? I think this cookie likes me!

I made three kinds of cookies. Ribbon cookies, Butter Cookies, and Ruth's Peppermint Pinwheels, which I had some fun eating and photographing. I gave most of these, the ribbon cookies, and a loaf of chocolate bread to my brother and his housemates.



My parents want the other chocolate bread and I'm going to bake the butter cookies and bring them to my parents house too. Gingerbread will be made tomorrow that will be for dinner at my Aunt D's house on Christmas day.


Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!




Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2007. All rights reserved.

This Post's Link

Comments

FH said…
Beautiful cookies and chocolate bread!! YUM! Have a great time, see you in 2008!:))
plez... said…
the pinwheel cookies look delicious! i may have better luck with those than with my daughter's candy cane cookies!

thanks for dropping by plezWorld... and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Big Boys Oven said…
We wish you a jolly good Christmas and A wonderful New Year!!! xxx
I love that pink. Such a happy, and appetizing color!

Merry Christmas-- I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!
Mizrepresent said…
I love those pinwheel cookies, can you drop some off at my house? Happy Holidays Anali!
So lovely, and yes, that pink is *so* inviting!

Happy holidays :)
Nance said…
Have a lovely holiday, Anali. And you baked plenty for a busy professional on the go!
Dezel Quillen said…
Hello Anali,


Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year – Happy Sipping my friend!
Cynthia said…
Merry Christmas sweet lady :)
KAYLEE said…
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND OH ID make those and EAT tHOSE IF I COULD!!!!

but today I couldnt even get out of bed until like 5:00 to open my presents.Yeah,I am really not doing that well today :(
Unknown said…
Can you post the recipe for the yummy pink cookies?

scouti
AVIANA said…
happy holidays!
Lisa Johnson said…
asha - Thank you! See you next year! ; )

plez - I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas! Let me know if you try the pinwheels!

big boys oven - Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you! I'm looking forward to all your confections in the new year. ; )

bipolarlawyercook - I got a winter hat the same same color. I love it!
Lisa Johnson said…
mizrepresent - Santa had specific instructions to drop the cookies off for you on Christmas Eve! I
hope they arrived and you had a wonderful Christmas! If you didn't get them, I guess Rudolph got hungry. ; )

sognatrice - Happy Holidays to you! ; )

nance - I guess I did my best! Christmas was wonderful, but went by so fast! I hope you had a good one too!

dezel - Happy Holidays and may the new year bring you lots of good wine! ; )
Lisa Johnson said…
cynthia - I hope you had a Merry Christmas too! Your black cake looks so good! I guess you must be getting ready to set your fruit for next year. ; )

kaylee - I hope 2008 treats you better and you are feeling strong and up and about!

discover - Welcome! If you click on the words for the pinwheel cookies, there is a link to the recipe. If you want the other recipes, send me an email and I'll send it to you.

aviana - Thanks! I hope you're enjoying the holidays! I can't believe it's almost 2008!
Cakespy said…
Anali, those cookies are putting me in a FEVER!!! I love the pink color and they look like they taste very good based on the recipe.
amisha said…
a belated merry christmas to you lisa... your holiday baking looks great! i have been in shortbread land over here... yummy :) and there is more to come for sure. hope you are enjoying your time off!
I love those pink swirl cookies. So dainty and sweet!
Lisa Johnson said…
cakespy - Welcome! LOL! They were so tasty! Thanks for stopping by here. I'm a new fan of your blog. Your work is so beautiful and fun!

amisha - Belated Merry Christmas to you too! Thank you! My time off just flew by, but it was very nice. I'm sure you must be enjoying being at home and in the warm weather again! ; )

cookie baker lynn - Thank you! Something about swirls is so much fun!

Popular Posts