Week of July 28 - August 3, 2014
Looking for free yoga classes in Boston? See the Summer 2014 listing here!
Massachusetts Farmers Markets and food trucks are everywhere. Plus, look at this handy guide to the Boston Public Market!
Questions about this blog? Check out the FAQ.
Blog Housekeeping: Recently I've noticed broken links on some posts, so I'm doing my best to fix them, but it's a painfully slow process. In case some of you have clicked on a link in a post to join me on Facebook, it may not have worked. You can join me and "Like" the page by clicking here.
Friday, November 3, 2006
This is me as a kid soon after losing my two front teeth. I must have been around seven or eight, I'm not really sure.
Anyway, I thought I would share a picture of me in my youth, since I am answering jeseem's tag, about my youth.
The tag is
1. Write 8-10 things about childhood ( 1-12 years) that you miss.
2. Write 8-10 things that you disliked about childhood.
Things I liked about childhood that I miss
1. My grandparents and aunts and uncles who have passed on.
2. Fun summer days swimming in the pool with my brother and friends, then riding our bikes after dinner.
3. My mom's cooking every day.
4. Doing cartweels and running roundoffs over and over again outside on the grass.
5. Not being aware of so many of the terrible things in the world.
6. Having more of my relatives living in Massachusetts.
7. The feeling of wonder on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus.
8. Not worrying about money.
9. Slumber parties!
10. Enjoying snowstorms, because I didn't have to drive in it and school would be cancelled.
Things I disliked about childhood
1. Being told when to go to bed. I've always been a night person.
2. Having to study subjects in school that I knew I would never need.
3. Playing Red Rover or Dodgeball in school and being picked last.
4. My brother ripping off my dolls' heads.
5. Sharing a room with my brother when he would line up all his cars, trucks, and buses to form "traffic" all the way over to my side of the room.
6. Getting in stupid arguments with friends.
7. Being one of very few black students in school and dealing with racist comments.
8. Having to wear a big puffy purple winter coat that I hated.
9. Being HR Pufnstuf for Halloween, because that is the costume my father bought for me. This will be part of a future post.
10. Being told by an art teacher that I had to draw a picture exactly like her, because you had to follow the rules to do art correctly.
These are my lists. Anyone who would like to do the lists too, consider yourself tagged!
Print this post